When coming to a lesson, please bring:
- Your assignment notebook and binder
- Your music
- A pencil
It is recommended that students aged 5-7 attend one weekly half hour lesson at the rate of $200/month. Students above age 7 are recommended to attend one forty-five minute lesson at the rate of $240/month. Materials are included with the price of tuition. In the spring, tuition also includes the option of performing in a recital at the end of the semester. Two piano parties (one per semester) are included with the price of tuition.
Cancellations, No-Shows and Make Up Lessons
If you need to cancel a lesson:
- I require 24 hours of notice in order to make up the class. After 24 hours, no make up will be offered.
- Students are allowed one makeup lesson per month for other reasons (illness, travel, dentist, etc).
- Make up lessons are held once per month on predetermined dates that are provided to students via email and online via the studio calendar. If you cannot make one month’s make up date, you may make up your lesson the following month.
If I need to cancel a class (because of teacher illness or travel):
- I will offer a make up lesson on that month’s make up day. If that doesn’t work, we will schedule a weekend make up lesson.
If you are a “no-show” for a lesson:
- I will invoice you a $25 nonrefundable charge.
- With multiple no-shows, I reserve the right to request that the student not continue with lessons.
Please remember that it is your responsibility not only to contact me about missing a lesson, but to schedule a make-up lesson with me. Please be conscientious about this process. This helps avoid inconveniences for you, your teacher, and other students.
Changes in Schedules
I understand that schedules change, often because of school activities and sports. However, I am only available to teach on predetermined days. For the consideration of the other students and my own children, I will not be able to change your lesson schedule once each semester (fall/winter and spring) is set. I will offer a waiting list for students who do not receive their first choice of a lesson day and time.
Open communication with parents is very important to me. If something occurs that I feel the parent should be informed of, please have no doubt that you will hear from me. I can always be reached by email with any questions. However, if any behavior towards either me, my home, or anyone else in my home occurs which I believe is dangerous or violent, I reserve the right to cancel any remaining lessons.
Social Media & Website
From time to time, I will share photos and/or videos of students on my website or via social media to promote the studio and the students’ progress. Your signature of the studio policy form gives permission to share photos. If you would not like your child’s image to be shared, just let me know.